10 Reasons Why You Must Watch Thanga Meenkal
Thanga Meenkal is a film about a father-daughter relationship with its heart at right place. It’s written and directed by Ram of “Kattradu Tamil” fame, with music by Yuvan Shankar Raja, produced by Gautham Menon for Photon Kathas Production.
1. We have already failed Ram once with his debut film “Kattradu Tamil ” which I consider as one of the most underrated film.
2. This is no film; it’s a poem on celluloid.
3. it’s an unadulterated film, its pure cinema.
4. If your Idea of films is entertainment then Thanga Meenkal does has it in its own unique way, the humor is laced up in the story through its character.
5. This film does deal with a very important social issue and never gets preachy it shows facts as they are, yet it conveys a solid message.
6. It is not an art film; it has its own commercial elements.
7. The brilliant technical aspects the background scores, the songs, the cinematography.
8. Dialogues – these have been a high point of Ram’s earlier film too and this film s no different.
9. The lead pair Ram & Baby Sadhana as Kalyani & Chellama respectively. Baby Sadhana lives her role, she is brilliant.
10. If we don’t support Thanga Meenkal Director’s like Ram would become endangered. This is very honest film and its time we support ‘films’, and not some ‘shit’. People are making money (200 cores) out of ‘shit’.
This film may just add to critic list of most underrated films if we don’t support it now. We feel proud to watch films by International film makers this film is no inferior its on par with world cinema .